Tuesday, October 19, 2010

O Ads Where Are Thou?

Is this an ad for lost children or lonely children?

Actually the ad is for a family law firm that was published in the yellow pages. Now I know that the yellow pages aren’t exactly the top of the line ads, but some kind of thought should take place when doing an ad.

When it comes to the type, I feel as if there are too many sizes for one ad (I count 4, maybe 5 depending on how you read them) along with too many different fonts as well.

I hate the photo, just hate it. Has nothing to do whatsoever about what service the firm provides. The photo is so big that it makes the rest of the ad revolve around it, which makes it more clunkery (See I’m making up words for the silliness I see). Switch the picture so that it doesn’t take up the whole ad.

If I didn’t have to, I would not have put all the text on there because I don’t think all of it is necessary. With that said, I would organize the information or make it at least more readable for the viewers. The wrong things are highlighted if you ask me. Divorce & Custody is highlighted but the name of the law firm and its consultants is the same font as the regular, lengthy text.


In Summary, change the photo, make the text more readable, get the message across in a simple, yet professional look. Even the yellow pages would appreciate that.

1 comment:

  1. Some thoughtful comments about design here. I'd like to see a scanned photo of the original design included with this post for reference.

    ReplyDelete