Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Clash Between Fast Food Titans





















Mmmmmmmmm, gotta love McDonalds. Loved it as a child and nothing has changed to this day other then not ordering Happy Meals. When it comes to having a logo that stands out, the red and yellow is unofficially symbolized with McDonalds. Even with a green background, the M stands along. But if I was to pick between McDonalds and Burger King when it comes to logo designs, hands down BK wins.

As we know from class earlier in the year, red and yellow are the best colors to use when aggressively going towards a target market geared towards food. What catches my attention about BK is the logo design.

The words Burger King are inside of two buns, which I find to not only be the most clever, but the most effective fast food ad. I interpret it as being smart and showing how a lot of the ingredients can be found inside of the buns. BK uses both red and yellow, ALONG with blue, which is another respected color in the psychological world. In business, blue is trusted, and sense BK is a business, it doesn't hurt for the logo to have not only attractive colors (Red and Yellow), but trustworthy colors as well.

I think I will forever love McDonalds, but when it comes to logo designs, Burger King wins every time with me.









No comments:

Post a Comment